Thursday, February 10, 2011

MY ABILITY (10th Feb 20110


(As a journalist I happend to interview Meena in 2001, a member of BHARARI, Dombivli.
Meena is physically challenged with a medical history of paralytic stroke disabling her half body.
She fought back and when I asked her - "Meena don't you feel God has not been fair to you?"
She said, "I play with my friends, I go shopping, I love going for picnics, I cook delicious food for my father, I write poems in Marathi, I go to theatres to watch movies... what more can I ask for from God?
I am glad HE made me so SPECIAL!" It was difficult for me to control my tears. 

This poem is dedicated to Meena...)

MY ABILITY

(WILL OF A PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED PERSON)

With wings to fly
I soar to great heights
I know I can fly
High above the sky

I don’t need sympathy
But lots of empathy
I need to be coaxed and encouraged
For then I can do what others can’t

God made me unlike you
Because I’m stronger than you
With pain and sorrows, I still never crib
For I know, nature has given me hidden wings

With wings to fly
I soar to great heights
I know, I can!
I know, I will!

Johnny D
14th August 2006

No comments: